Win tickets to see Martha Wainwright live in the Pepper Canister Church!
With a hugely expressive voice and an arsenal of powerful songs, Martha Wainwright announces a second intimate date in the Pepper Canister church on February 4th, and we have ticket to give away!
Martha is the daughter of folk legends Loudon Wainwright III and Kate McGarrigle and sister of acclaimed singer songwriter Rufus Wainwright. Martha released a self-titled EP as well as a four-song EP called Factory in 2002. In February 2005 Wainwright released an EP called Bloody Motherfu*king As*hole, followed by the eponymous Martha Wainwright in April to great critical and commercial acclaim. In the January 2005 issue of Mojo Norah Jones listed her as one of the “best things she heard all year.” London’s Sunday Times included “Bloody Mother Fu*king As*hole” in their songs of the year and Rolling Stone called BMFA “a blistering prelude to her debut album.” Throughout her career, Martha has also contributed to albums by Dan Bern, Kate & Anna McGarrigle. Rufus Wainwright, Snow Patrol and Teddy Thompson among others.
To be in with a chance to win tickets to see her live simply answer the question below.
The Question: Which acclaimed singer songwriter is Martha Wainwright's brother?
1 Rufus Wainwright
2 Rudolf Wainwright
3 Rory Wainwright
The correct answer was: Rufus Wainwright
The Winner is:
Terms & Conditions
1. The online Independent.ie Giveaway runs from Thursday January 10 2013 to Monday January 28 2013.
2. The draw for the Giveaway prizes will take place on Tuesday January 29 2013, and the winners will be notified by email or telephone.
3. All entrants must be 18 years or over. Only entrants who submitted correct registration details will be eligible.
4. Only one entry is allowed per Independent.ie subscriber. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
5. Subscribers must enter the Giveaway before the applicable closing date.
6. Incomplete, illegible or late entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed in the course of transmission.
7. By filling in all the details required in the entry form online and confirming that you have read the terms and conditions of entry and completing the answer and sending it (selecting the ’post’ button) to Independent.ie you are deemed to have accepted all applicable terms and conditions of the Competition
8. Persons not eligible to enter the on-line Independent.ie Giveaway include employees of Independent.ie or Unison.ie and their families, agents of Independent.ie and any third party included in this promotion.
9. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other equivalent.
10. Independent.ie reserve the right to substitute activities of an equivalent or greater value to those specified, should any part of the activity become unavailable.
11. The on-line Independent.ie giveaway winning entries will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into.
12. Winners must agree to participate in any promotional activities that may be organised by Independent.ie in connection with the giveaway.
14. Independent.ie reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant, to add to or waive any rules without prior notice to the entrants or in the event of circumstance beyond the control of Independent.ie arising which in its opinion makes it desirable to cancel the competition at any stage.
15. To maximum extent permitted by law, Independent.ie is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner resulting from his or her acceptance of the prize.