Win tickets to see Michele Stodart live in the Academy 2
Former member of “The Magic Numbers” Michele Stodart has temporarily hung up her bass and recorded her debut solo album, ‘Wide-Eyed Crossing’. We have a pair of tickets for her show in the Academy 2 on November 21st up for grabs!
Alongside touring the world, releasing albums with The Magic Numbers and becoming a mother, she’s stolen every chance she could to take her songs into the studio. “Wide eye crossing” is written and produced by Michele, with a helping hand from engineer Phil Brown (Talk Talk, Beth Gibbons, Joni Mitchell). It dishes up a veritable banquet of delicacies on a debut that owes as much to the strum of the acoustic guitar as it does to the richness of the jazz vocal, noted particularly on track 'O Heart of Mine'.
Multi-instrumentalist Michele plays guitars, double bass, drums, banjo, xylophones and percussion on the record but last year assembled a touring band and has so far performed with Cate Le Bon, Beth Orton, Heavenly’s Pete Greenwood and Villagers.
To be in with a chance to see her live simply answer the question below.
The Question: Which band was Michele Stodart formerly a member of?
1 The Magic Numbers
2 The Magic Roundabout
3 The Magic Wand
The correct answer was: The Magic Numbers
The Winner is:
Terms & Conditions
1. The online Independent.ie Giveaway runs from Tuesday November 13 2012 to Thursday November 15 2012.
2. The draw for the Giveaway prizes will take place on Friday November 16 2012, and the winners will be notified by email or telephone.
3. All entrants must be 18 years or over. Only entrants who submitted correct registration details will be eligible.
4. Only one entry is allowed per Independent.ie subscriber. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
5. Subscribers must enter the Giveaway before the applicable closing date.
6. Incomplete, illegible or late entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost or delayed in the course of transmission.
7. By filling in all the details required in the entry form online and confirming that you have read the terms and conditions of entry and completing the answer and sending it (selecting the ’post’ button) to Independent.ie you are deemed to have accepted all applicable terms and conditions of the Competition
8. Persons not eligible to enter the on-line Independent.ie Giveaway include employees of Independent.ie or Unison.ie and their families, agents of Independent.ie and any third party included in this promotion.
9. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other equivalent.
10. Independent.ie reserve the right to substitute activities of an equivalent or greater value to those specified, should any part of the activity become unavailable.
11. The on-line Independent.ie giveaway winning entries will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into.
12. Winners must agree to participate in any promotional activities that may be organised by Independent.ie in connection with the giveaway.
14. Independent.ie reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant, to add to or waive any rules without prior notice to the entrants or in the event of circumstance beyond the control of Independent.ie arising which in its opinion makes it desirable to cancel the competition at any stage.
15. To maximum extent permitted by law, Independent.ie is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner resulting from his or her acceptance of the prize.