To celebrate the launch of Nicolas Roche’s - The Project Cycle Series, the Irish Independent and Independent.ie are giving one lucky reader the chance to win a BMC road bike courtesy of ROCA Sports, jerseys signed by Nicolas Roche and Philippe Gilbert, who will be taking part in the cycle, and tickets to cycle and gala event. Former World Champion and this years Paris-Roubaix winner Philippe Gilbert is set to join with Nicolas Roche on a cycle and dinner to raise funds for Crumlin Children’s Hospital.
The event will take place on the weekend of the 19th & 20th of October at the Palmerstown House Estate. On Saturday 19th, they will have a Gala Dinner. During the three course dinner, they will have a series of interviews, Q&A’s with the audience, and an auction with proceeds going to Crumlin Children’s Hospital. On Sunday 20th, Philippe and Nicolas will take part in the inaugural event of The Project Cycle Series. Two routes are available to suit every level.
The routes will take riders along some of Nico’s favourite training roads in the Wicklow Mountains. You can find out more information on The Project Cycle Series and register through the link: www.theprojectnr.com/cycle-series
To be in with a chance of winning, complete the form below.
Please sign in or register to Independent.ie to enter the competition
Terms & Conditions
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
Prize Specific Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is the chance to win a BMC TeamMachine ALR01 TWO – 2019, along with signed jerseys by Nicholas Roche and Philippe Gilbert, two tickets to the gala dinner on October 19th and two entry tickets to Cycle Sportif.
2. The competition opens on 14th September and closes on 6th October 2019 at midnight.
3. You can enter by completing this form.
4. The winner will be contacted by INM by 14/10/19.
5. Winner’s details will be passed to the relevant Prize Provider who will make direct contact. INM & the Prize Providers are Data Controllers in their own right for the chosen winners.
General Terms and Conditions
- Promoter & Data Controller: Independent News and Media Public Limited Company, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 (“INM”). INM Events will provide the prize to the winner.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry form will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. INM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. INM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
- Promotion is open anybody over 18 years of age. INM reserves the right to request written proof of age from the winner.
- Each entrant can enter an email address once only.
- Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- If you subscribe to an email newsletter, please note you can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email newsletter.
- In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified above.
- Failure to claim a prize within 7 days will make any claim invalid. Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and may be disposed of by INM without any liability to the winner.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
- Winners will be notified within 20 days of the relevant closing date by email, phone or post. Names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to Independent News & Media, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 up to one month after the closing date.
- INM will endeavour to deliver prizes within 14 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
- Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
- Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurances, fees and surcharges are to be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be re-sold If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of INM’s control, INM will take all reasonable steps to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
- INM accepts no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported non-supply or delay in supply of prizes to be provided by a third party including, without limitation, failure of the prize winner to receive ownership of the prize. Prize winners are responsible for booking and/or completing other formalities directly with the specified third party.
- The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
- Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published on Independent.ie website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
- All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
- INM reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- All competition entrants can opt-in to marketing materials or newsletters by ticking the appropriate box(es) on the entry form.
- INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.