WIN! A DREAM HOLIDAY TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT™
Closing Date: Tuesday March 20 2018
We're giving you the chance to break away from the cold and jet off to sunny Florida to experience all the action, thrills and excitement of three amazing theme parks at Universal Orlando Resort™! Enter our competition for the chance to win a holiday for four people including flights, on-site accommodation at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, theme park admission, and more.
For your chance to win, simply enter your details along with the unique code that can be found on page 2 of the Irish Independent from 10th to 16th March, 2018.
PLUS! Claim two fabulous travel gifts including; a pair of Sunglasses and a brilliant Selfie Stick by visiting www.mediaoffers.co.uk/orlando.
Sapphire Falls Resort TM & © 2018 UCF Hotel Venture III. All Rights Reserved. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions
- The promoters are Independent News and Media Public Limited Company, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 (“INM”). INM will provide the prize to the winner.
- Entry to the competition is open to persons aged 18 or over except employees and their families of Promoter, Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort ("Prize Provider") or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- The competition closing date for entries is 20 March 2018.
- Prize entrants must be received by 20 March 2018. The prize is non - refundable, non-transferrable and dates are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The prize winner will be drawn from entries submitted to the 'promoter'. The promoter's decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Unless otherwise stated. The promoter is Creative Path Group Ltd, Studio E, Whitegates, Alexander Lane, Shenfield, Brentwood CM1S 8QF.
- Normal Holiday booking terms and conditions apply. The prize draw will be made on 23 March 2018 and the winner will be notified by phone or email on the same day.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Promoter, Prize Provider, and each of their associated companies and agents from any and all responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter's and/or Prize Provider's control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. This Promotion and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with United Kingdom Law; provided, however, that any disputes or claims arising out of the redemption, use, or misuse of the Competition Prize Package or fulfilment thereof pursuant to this Promotion shall be subject to the laws of the State of Florida and the courts of the County of Orange, State of Florida shall have exclusive jurisdiction to such claims.
- Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort is a prize supplier of the Competition Prize Package only in this Competition; is not a promoter of this Competition; and is not responsible for the administration of the Competition, the collection of the entries, the conduct of the draws, or the procurement and fulfilment of any “free gift” items that may be advertised in conjunction with the Competition.
- The competition is to win a holiday for four people including flights, on-site accommodation at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and theme park admission.
- To enter the competition, fill in your details and answer the question.
- The competition runs from 10 March to 20 March 2018.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry form will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. INM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. INM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
- Promotion is open to anybody over 18 years of age. INM reserves the right to request written proof of age from the winner.
- Employees and agents of INM or any company connected with the promotion or any of INM’s associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable competition, nor are their immediate family members. For these purposes an "immediate family member" includes a spouse, partner, child, step child, grandchild, brother, step brother, sister, step sister, parent, step parent or legal guardian.
- Each entrant can enter this competition once only.
- Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- The competition winning entry will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Winner (s) will be contacted by email, telephone or post.
- In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified above.
- Failure to claim a prize within 5 days will make any claim invalid.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
- Winners will be notified within 20 days of the relevant closing date, by email, phone or post. Names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to Independent News & Media, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 up to one month after the closing date.
- INM will endeavour to deliver all prizes within 5 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
- Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
- The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
- Prizes are non-transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of INM’s control, INM will take all reasonable steps to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
- The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
- Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published on Independent.ie website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
- All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
- INM reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- All competition entrants can opt-in to marketing materials by ticking the appropriate box(es) on the form.
- INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
- PRIZE: There will be One (1) Prize (“Prize”) awarded. The prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a six (6) day, five (5) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guests”) to Universal Orlando Resort™ in Orlando, Florida (“Trip”).
- Trip will include: round trip economy class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; Five (5) nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort or at another on-site hotel (as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL; 3 Park Explorer tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks and Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park, for Winner and up to three (3) Guests; and admission to one (1) Blue Man Group Show (exact date and time to be determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) for Winner and up to three (3) Guests.
- The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of Prize is Seven Thousand Four Hundred Ninety-Nine and 81/100 United States Dollars (US$7,499.81).
- Trip must be completed by February 20, 2019 or Prize will be forfeited. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Prize Provider and Promoter approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than the allotted number of Guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Unless child or ward of Winner or one of the allotted Guests, each Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. FMV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are non-transferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider.