The Irish Independent has teamed up with Só Hotels to give you the chance to win a two-night stay for two adults and two kids in your choice of any of the six Só Hotel locations across Ireland, including full Irish Breakfast each morning and dinner on an evening of your choice.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply complete the form below.
Create Special Moments with a Só Staycation
Só Hotels is delighted to welcome you back to its delightful group of Irish hotels where there’s a staycation for everyone. Owned and run by Pat and Una McDonagh, there are six locations in Cork, Galway, Laois, Limerick and Westmeath where you can reunite with family and friends in comfortable and safe surroundings. Whether you’re looking for a family stay in the Hidden Heartlands or Ireland’s Ancient East, a romantic getaway near the Wild Atlantic Way or a fun filled excursion in the Heart of Munster, there is a Só Hotel to suit you. You can rest assured that with Só Hotels, every moment will be a Special Moment.
Castle Oaks House Hotel, Limerick
Castle Oaks House Hotel is the latest addition to Só Hotels. Set on 26 acres of mature gardens on the banks of the majestic River Shannon, this Georgian Manor House is located in a picture-perfect setting. With traditional suites or self-catering accommodation available, there’s something for everyone at this charming hotel where even the family dog can come along if you wish! There’s a host of activities on site such as riverside walks, fishing along the Shannon or simply take a swim in the newly renovated Leisure Centre. You can also enjoy a spot of golfing or take a cruise on Lough Derg before returning for an evening meal in the Island Bar. For the best rates see castleoaks.ie
Athlone Springs Hotel
Athlone Springs Hotel is centrally located at the crossroads of Ireland just 5 minutes from Athlone town and 90 minutes from Dublin on the M6 motorway. With Netflix as standard in each bedroom, the newly refurbished bar and access to the Leisure Club and Pool, there may be no reason to leave the Athlone Springs Hotel at all. However, if you do decide to venture out there are a host of local attractions in the Hidden Heartlands including Athlone Castle, a visit to Lough Boora Park, a cruise on Lough Ree or visit the many culinary delights Athlone has to offer including several whiskey tours. The best rates are guaranteed on AthloneSpringsHotel.com.
Charleville Park Hotel
If you are looking for a relaxing family break then look no further than the Charleville Park Hotel, just 30minutes from Limerick city. This extensive hotel is renowned for the Charlee Chum’s Kids Club where the kids can enjoy hours of fun-filled activities and a fun-filled movie night after a swim in the hotel’s 25m pool. For the adventurous, you’ll be spoiled for choice with local activities including Ballyhoura Bike Trails and Ballyhass Lake Activity Centre or, if you prefer something more relaxing, take a trip to Doneraile Wildlife Park or Lough Gur Heritage Centre. CharlevilleParkHotel.com has the best rates
Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise
The ideally located Killeshin Hotel is only 1 hour from Dublin, just off the M7 motorway. Relax over Afternoon Tea in the cozy Kafé or enjoy a delicious dinner and drinks in the Cedar Restaurant. Or, if you are feeling energetic, take a swim in Zest Leisure Centre or try a spinning or Les Mills exercise class! Explore all Laois has to offer including Lullymore Heritage Park, Emo Court & Gardens, the National Stud, the Rock of Dunamase or indulge in some retail therapy at Kildare Village or Newbridge Silverware, just a short drive from the hotel. See TheKilleshin.com for the best rates
Lough Rea Hotel & Spa, Galway
Lough Rea Hotel & Spa, overlooking the beautiful Loughrea lake, is the perfect setting to reunite with friends and family for your Special Moments. It is the perfect base to explore the Wild Atlantic Way or get active locally by visiting Pallas Karting or Dartfield Horse Trails. You can relax and unwind in the unrivalled Rooftop Garden with a cocktail where you can take in panoramic views of Mayo, Galway and Clare. Or perhaps you might like to indulge in a relaxing treatment in Shore Island Spa. The possibilities are endless at the Lough Rea Hotel and Spa. The best rates are available at LoughreaHotelandSpa.com
Castletroy Park Hotel, Limerick
Visit the Jewel of Munster with a getaway to Castletroy Park Hotel and Suites in Limerick! With all the comforts of home combined with the amenities of a hotel plus access to the Leisure Club and Pool, what’s not to love? Why not explore all Limerick city has to offer including St. Johns Castle and the Milk Market? Or, you can stay at the hotel and enjoy a delicious meal at McLaughlin’s Restaurant, have some award winning Afternoon Tea in the Garden Room or some casual dining at The Brasserie. For the best rates visit CastletroyPark.ie
Reunite with those Special Moments at a Só Hotel this summer. You’ll be glad you did. For the best rates book direct on sohotels.ie
Please sign in or register to Independent.ie to enter the competition
Terms & Conditions
Prize Specific Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is to win a two night stay for two adults and two kids in your choice of any of the six Só Hotel locations across Ireland including full Irish Breakfast each morning and dinner an evening of your choice.
2. To enter the competition, complete the details above.
3. The competition runs from Thursday, June 25th to Friday, July 3rd.
4. Winners will be picked on Tuesday, July 7th and will be notified by email.
5. No cash in lieu of voucher.
6. Services subject to availability.
Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter & Data Controller: Independent News and Media Public Limited Company, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 (“INM”). INM Events will provide the prize to the winner.
2. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry form will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. INM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. INM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
3. Promotion is open anybody over 18 years of age. INM reserves the right to request written proof of age from the winner..
4. Each entrant can enter an email address once only.
5. Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
6. If you subscribe to an email newsletter, please note you can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email newsletter.
7. The competition winning entry will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Winner (s) will be contacted by email, telephone or post.
8. In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified above.
9. Failure to claim a prize within 3 days will make any claim invalid. Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and may be disposed of by INM without any liability to the winner.
10. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
11. Winners will be notified by June 16th by email, phone or post. Names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to Independent News & Media, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 up to one month after the closing date.
12. INM will endeavour to deliver prizes within 5 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
13. Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
14. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurances, fees and surcharges are to be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
15. The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be re-sold If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of INM’s control, INM will take all reasonable steps to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
17. INM accepts no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported non-supply or delay in supply of prizes to be provided by a third party including, without limitation, failure of the prize winner to receive ownership of the prize. Prize winners are responsible for booking and/or completing other formalities directly with the specified third party.
18. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
19. Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published on Independent.ie website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
20. All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
21. INM reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
22. All competition entrants can opt-in to marketing materials or newsletters by ticking the appropriate box(es) on the entry form.
23. INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
24. INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.