Win A Five Star Getaway At Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate and Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa!
Closing Date: Sunday August 02 2020
Throughout the months of July & August, 5* Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate and Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa are teaming-up offering 3 and 4 night packages at each property and to celebrate the Sunday Independent LIFE is giving one lucky reader the chance to win a two night stay for two to include breakfast daily and dinner on one evening at each property.
Discover the beauty of the Garden of Ireland and the charms of Ireland’s western seaboard this summer and stay in luxury at Wicklow’s 5* Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa and Galway’s 5* Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate the package includes stays at each hotel for two people sharing from Sunday – Thursday with Powerscourt offering breakfast daily, dinner on one night at Sika Restaurant plus complimentary upgrade to a Mountain View Deluxe Room. Glenlo is offering breakfast daily, dinner on one evening aboard The Pullman restaurant plus upgrade to a Corrib Deluxe Room. Package offers the flexibility to stay one night at Powerscourt and two at Glenlo or visa versa.
Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa is Ireland’s foremost luxury 5* destination set amidst the scenic & historic Powerscourt Estate, Co. Wicklow a mere 30 minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of Dublin city centre life, offering Palladian-style architecture with 198 generously sized bedrooms and luxurious amenities.
With a choice of dining options from casual dining in the Sugar Loaf Lounge where Afternoon Tea reigns supreme to fine dining at the recently refurbished Sika Restaurant both offering breath-taking scenery and amiable service.
For leisure guests Powerscourt Hotel Resort Spa has lots to offer including complimentary bicycles so you are free to explore the Estate. The indoor 20m Swarovski crystal-lit swimming pool is also yours to use, with fully equipped gym and above all the wonderful array of outdoor pursuits on the doorstep including 2-championship courses at Powerscourt Golf Powerscourt House & Gardens and Powerscourt Waterfall. If it is an adventure break you are looking for, the hotel can organise mountain climbs, escorted walks or more strenuous activities including abseiling and mountain biking.
ESPA at Powerscourt is open to hotel residents now and non-residents later this summer.Why not take advantage of some ‘me-time’ with a relaxing treatment in their world-renowned Spa? Be it a couple’s treatment or a pampering session for mum, The Spa at Powerscourt is a must for all guests to enjoy where therapists have been trained to the highest standards ensuring you can enjoy an exceptional spa experience in secluded luxury. Also, the fitness suite and studio with on-hand guidance from a team of experts offers spectacular countryside with views of the Wicklow Mountains.
Majestically rising from the still waters of Lough Corrib and dating back to the 18th Century, the 5 star Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate (proud member of Ireland’s Blue Book)is where old world charm meets contemporary elegance. From the moment you drive through the magnificent cast iron gates the beauty of this enchanting lakeside estate overlooking Lough Corrib will captivate you.
Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate is situated just 4kms from Galway City Centre and the M6 motorway has made getting to Galway so much easier. With 50 air-conditioned bedrooms and suites (additional 25 bedrooms being added this September) have been designed with an emphasis on general space and comfort, and afford unrivalled views of the dramatic West of Ireland landscape with its ever-changing colours.
Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate has 2* Rosettes from the AA, for Ireland’s Fine Dining Restaurant making it a superb dining and entertainment option for both formal and informal occasions. These include the River Room Restaurant overlooking the estate, the Pullman Restaurant on The Orient Express, the Oak Cellar Bar, and three elegant Reception Rooms in the Main House which exude Old World Charm, where guests can enjoy a relaxing drink, afternoon tea, or take time out to relax and read the newspapers. The hotel also boasts a private screening room and billiards room.
With a 138-acre lakeside golf estate, golf among other activities is on your doorstep to enjoy. The unique Championship 9 Hole Golf Course is quickly becoming the best 9 holes in the country with rolling hills, lakes and fabulous views of Lough Corrib and it is the closest golf course to Galway City. The 21 Bay Driving Range is the ideal place to warm up before a round of golf but also for group and individual golf tuition. While archery and some of the best fishing in Western Europe are easily organised right on-site on the Estate. Other activities that can be organised near the property include horse riding, boating, water sports and tennis with the ancient sport of royalty – falconry onsite.
Bookings can be made through the Reservations Team on +35312748888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Prize Specific Terms and Conditions
1. Prize is for two adults sharing to include breakfast and dinner in Sika Restaurant on one evening at Powerscourt Hotel Resort & Spa and two night stay at Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate with breakfast daily and dinner one evening aboard The Pullman
2. To enter the competition, complete the details above.
3. The competition runs from Sunday, July 19th to Sunday, August 2nd.
4. Winners will be picked on Monday, August 3rd and will be notified by email.
5. No cash in lieu of voucher.
6. Prize is non-transferable
7. Services subject to availability.
Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter & Data Controller: Independent News and Media Public Limited Company, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 (“INM”). INM Events will provide the prize to the winner.
2. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry form will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. INM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. INM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
3. Promotion is open anybody over 18 years of age. INM reserves the right to request written proof of age from the winner..
4. Each entrant can enter an email address once only.
5. Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
6. If you subscribe to an email newsletter, please note you can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email newsletter.
7. The competition winning entry will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Winner (s) will be contacted by email, telephone or post.
8. In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified above.
9. Failure to claim a prize within 3 days will make any claim invalid. Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and may be disposed of by INM without any liability to the winner.
10. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
11. Winners will be notified by June 16th by email, phone or post. Names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to Independent News & Media, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 up to one month after the closing date.
12. INM will endeavour to deliver prizes within 5 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
13. Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
14. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurances, fees and surcharges are to be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
15. The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be re-sold If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of INM’s control, INM will take all reasonable steps to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
17. INM accepts no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported non-supply or delay in supply of prizes to be provided by a third party including, without limitation, failure of the prize winner to receive ownership of the prize. Prize winners are responsible for booking and/or completing other formalities directly with the specified third party.
18. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
19. Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published on Independent.ie website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
20. All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
21. INM reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
22. All competition entrants can opt-in to marketing materials or newsletters by ticking the appropriate box(es) on the entry form.
23. INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
24. INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.