Win tickets to Féile ‘19
Closing Date: Friday September 13 2019
We have teamed up with Féile ’19 to offer five lucky winners a pair of tickets to Féile ’19 on September 21 in Semple Stadium.
To enter, simply fill in the form below or complete the entry form in the Irish Independent.
The Big Gig at Semple Stadium
Those making the Trip to Tipp this September will feast their ears on music curated by Tom Dunne of Something Happens, who performed at FÉILE‘90, ‘91 and ’93, and will this year also be returning to the stage alongside some of the most legendary names in Irish rock and roll, including the one and only Sinead O’Connor.
A host of other music acts from across the decades will be out in force, from Sultans of Ping to Horslipsand Therapy? bringing everyone right back to the glory days of the nineties music scene. Other headline acts include The Stunning, EMF, The Frank and Walters, The Fat Lady Sings, Transvision Vamp, Something Happens, Eleanor McEvoy, Picturehouse and Mundy.
The line-up also includes Brian Downey’s Alive & Dangerous plus Eric Bell and guests Andrew Strong & Bronagh Gallager performing songs from Thin Lizzy’s Live & Dangerous. Attendees will be treated to a very special tribute to Tipperary legend Shane MacGowan.
Unlike the rough and tumble of the old days, Semple Stadium now offers a gourmet food area curated by celebrity chef Kevin Thornton, a host of beverage options, easy parking and plenty of accommodation options nearby. This is FÉILEwith less mud but just the same amount of madness and music!
It’s the Free FÉILE Fringe
The party doesn’t stop in Semple Stadium as the whole of Thurles will come alive and continue the festival well into the night with silent discos, afterparties and a ‘90’s Late-Night Live Music Trail’. You don’t have to be a night-owl to enjoy the celebrations either, as there is a host of daytime activities including street performers and exhibitions taking place across the weekend: The FÉILEArchive Day-Time Music Trail, FÉILEPhoto Exhibitions and The FÉILEWalking-Tour of Thurles.
As part of the Free FÉILEFringe, Culture Night will take place on Friday 20th September at The Source, presenting ‘Tipperary on Film’, a screening of a selection of films shorts, music videos and animation made in Tipperary over the past three years, with a public discussion and meeting session for film-makers, actors and crew.
Capture the essence of FÉILE’spast, but in 2019 style with glamping options at this year’s festival. We are delighted to offer a wide selection of glamping options, including Hearthworks, Yippee Tents and Pitched Perfect. If glamping isn’t your thing, you can bring your own campervan on site with access to an electrical hook-up and all the sites great facilities.
Tickets are available at https://tippclassical.eventbrite.com. Ticket’s priced from €80 plus booking fee.
For full details on FÉILE19’s line-up and accommodation options, please visit [www.thetriptotipp.com].
Terms & Conditions
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
Prize Specific Terms and Conditions
The competition is win 2 tickets to see Féile '19 in Semple Stadium on September 21, 2019.
To enter the competition, fill in your details or complete the entry form printed in Irish Independent and post to FÉILE COMPETITION, PO BOX 11, INDEPENDENT HOUSE, 27-32 TALBOT ST., DUBLIN 1.
Closing date is September 13th. Only official entry forms will be accepted.
The competition runs from September 7th to 13th until 11.59pm.
Winner will be notified by email or phone.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoters are Independent News and Media Public Limited Company, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 (“INM”).
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry form will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. INM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. INM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
- Promotion is open to anybody over 18 years of age. INM reserves the right to request written proof of age from the winner.
- Employees and agents of INM or any company connected with the promotion or any of INM’s associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable competition, nor are their immediate family members. For these purposes an "immediate family member" includes a spouse, partner, child, step child, grandchild, brother, step brother, sister, step sister, parent, step parent or legal guardian.
- Each entrant can enter an email address once only.
- Only one name is permitted on the application form and any winnings will be allocated to the person named on the entry form. Persons may enter as often as they wish provided that each entry is on an official entry form found in printed newspaper.
- Photocopies of the application form will not be accepted, or entry forms sent to any address other than that stated on the entry form or entry forms sent by fax or e-mail will not be entitled to participate in the promotion. Incomplete, illegible or late applications will not be accepted. Entry forms on which more than one person’s name appears will not be accepted.
- Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- The competition winning entry will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Winner (s) will be contacted by email or telephone. Other print entries will be immediately destroyed once winner has been chosen.
- In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified above.
- Failure to claim a prize within 7 days will make any claim invalid. Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and may be disposed of by INM without any liability to the winner.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
- Winners will be notified within 20 days of the relevant closing date by email, phone or post. Names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to Independent News & Media, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 up to one month after the closing date.
- INM will endeavour to deliver all prizes within 14 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay by Blue Monkey PR.
- Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
- Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurances, fees and surcharges are to be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
- Prizes are non-transferable and may not be re-sold. All prizes, including holiday dates, are subject to availability. If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of INM’s control, INM will take all reasonable steps to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
- INM accepts no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported non-supply or delay in supply of prizes to be provided by a third party including, without limitation, failure of the prize winner to receive ownership of the prize. Prize winners are responsible for booking and/or completing other formalities directly with the specified third party.
- The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
- Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published on Independent.ie website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
- All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
- INM reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- All competition entrants can opt-in to marketing materials or newsletters by ticking the appropriate box(es) on the entry form.
- INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.